50/50 Tickets click below to purchase $100.00 each
Chai Package 20 for tickets for $1,800 Click Below to Purchase
Temple Ner Simcha
Shavuot 5778 Fundraising Event
1. These are the Policies and Regulations for the 2018 Temple Ner Simcha Fundraising Event,
hereafter known as “event”.
2. Temple Ner Simcha (TNS) is a non-profit 501(c)3 Corporation Tax ID#47-2556081. TNS is a
Jewish religious institution of Jewish prayer and study, whose purpose is entirely and solely to
promote Jewish values, worship, and education. Contributions to TNS are deductible in
accordance with applicable law. It is donors’ personal responsibility to check with an accountant
or financial advisor regarding their personal ability to deduct donations to TNS.
3. Giving charity is a required part of Judaism according to both the Written and Oral Law (Torah
and Talmud). It is theologically mandatory to tithe at least ten percent (10%) to your House of
Worship. TNS is committed to giving people the opportunity to observe this halachic (Jewish
legal) practice whenever possible, and Judaism endorses incentives to help people observe this
and other similar commandments (see Torah, Sefer Esther, Sefer Yonah, Talmud, Chag Purim,
among other resources). Incentives, benefits, rewards, and gifts are a legal and customary way
to help people observe the 613 Mitzvot (commandments). It is an accepted practice that charity
is given, and benefits received, on the Shlosha Regalim (Three Festivals of Pilgrimage) of
Sukkot, Passover, and Shavuot. The Holiday of Shavuot in the 2018 secular calendar is on
Sunday, May 20.
4. As incentives for observing this religious commandment, TNS will give gifts to some of those who
participate in this fundraising event.
5. One person will be given a gift based on the number of fundraising purim (tickets) purchased. If
850 or more Purim are donated, at the option of the winner, they will receive a gift of either a new
2018 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG or $40,000 cash. The Mercedes prize has an approximate value
of $50,000. However, if 849 or fewer purim are donated, this will be changed to a gift equaling
50% of the gross proceeds of event donations, not to exceed $40,000.
6. Donations may be given and benefits received by any US resident 18 years or older, except for
the Board of Directors, Officers, and employees of TNS. These donors may not receive purim, as
their tzedakah (charity) is an expected part of their position in the community. This includes it’s
independent fundraising consultants, marketing and advertising agencies, accountants, attorneys,
and employees of Silver Star Mercedes in Westlake Village.
7. TNS will send receipts and registrations by mail or email to all donors to the address provided by
8. Donations of $100 will receive one pur, and donations of $1800 will receive 20 purim.
9. All donations are appreciated and final. There are no refunds of tzedakah once given.
10. Donor need not be present when the purim are drawn in order to receive the benefit.
11. The benefit winner will have 30 days after the pur is chosen to pay all required taxes, take
delivery of benefit gift, satisfy all requirements, and legal obligations with their associated benefit
12. The benefit gift is void where prohibited or restricted by law. TNS, at its sole discretion, reserves
the right to cancel, suspend, modify, or postpone the benefit if any fraud or other problems
corrupt the administration, security, or proper operation of the purim.
13. Donations may be made by mail to TNS at 5737 Kanan Rd, #176 in Agoura Hills, and must be
received by Thursday, May 17, 2018 or donated via the TNS website, www.NerSimcha.org by
Friday, May 18 at 3:00pm in order to receive a pur for this fundraiser. Purim will also be given to
donors up until Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 11:45am in person at Silver Star Mercedes in Westlake
Village. For those who wish to donate over the phone to an authorized TNS representative, they
too may receive purim.
14. Purim will be drawn in conjunction with the practices and religious customs as delineated Sefer
Esther, Sefer Yonah, and other Biblical and Talmudic sources on Sunday, May 20, 2018, the
holiday of Shavuot 5778. At Silver Star Mercedes Dealership, 3905 Auto Mall Drive, Thousand
Oaks, CA 91362.
15. Publicity. Acceptance of a benefit gift from TNS constitutes permission for the TNS and/or its
designees to use the recipient’s name, hometown, photograph or other likeness, testimonial,
and/or information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) for promotional,
advertising, and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world
in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the recipient, to the extent
permitted by law.
16. Release. Except where prohibited, every donor to TNS agrees that they are fulfilling a religious
responsibility and Jewish obligation, and agrees to release and hold harmless TNS, and its
officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or
cause of action arising out of participation in the Event or the receipt or use of any benefit gift.
17. Limitations of Liability. Each and every donor agrees that the Released Parties are not
responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by a donor or
printing errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Event; (c) technical or
human error that may occur in the administration of the Event or the processing of entries; or (d)
any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole
or in part, from a donor’s participation in the Event or receipt of or use of any benefit gift..
18. Disputes. Except where prohibited: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising
out of or connected with the Event shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of
class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected
with the Event shall be resolved in Ventura County, State of California; (c) any and all claims,
judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred minus the donation
of tzedakah, but shall not include attorney’s fees or costs; and (d) under no circumstances will a
donor be permitted to obtain punitive damages, incidental or consequential damages, or any
other damages except as provided by this Section, and any rights to have damages multiplied or
otherwise increased is waived by the donor.